Email Notifications??

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by casportpony, Mar 24, 2017.

1. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Haven't had any email notifications since 3-21.

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Okay, somehow notifications got turned off, so maybe it will be okay now.

3. I'm not, either. And I show I should be getting email subscriptions for certain ones. I previously approved the incoming addy so it wouldn't go to spam. I don't see anything in there on mobile. Has the address changed?

4. MattW

MattW Technical Admin Staff Member Premium Member

May 15, 2017
    Rotherham, UK
    They are definitely being sent. I got one 20 minutes ago to the thread I subscribed to
    upload_2017-5-17_19-0-44.png

5. I just now got this one. But others have posted replied on threads and nada. Huh.

6. MattW

MattW Technical Admin Staff Member Premium Member

May 15, 2017
    Rotherham, UK
    You need to check your subscription to those specific threads. You will also only get one email notification until you go back to that thread, so any additional posts don't generate emails.

casportpony likes this.
  7. And I meant to quote. :D

8. They were email subbed. So the single email is different from before. I really liked reading replies in my email and only clicking through to respond to the ones I wanted to. Not sure I'll like this now. There are days I don't have time to go onto the site, but I do have time to skim my emails.

9. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    What about email notifications when someone "likes" your post. Is there an email notification for that somewhere? If so, how do you turn it on?

Thanks!

@MattW

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  10. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Also....an email notification when someone mentions you with the @ symbol.

@MattW

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by