Embarrassing Moments with YOUR chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by luvinmychickens, Jun 16, 2011.

1. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Tell me, what was one of your most embarrassing moments with your chickens? Here's mine - One of them pooped on my back...

2. MommaOrp

MommaOrp Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Derbyshire, England
    My human aggressive welsummer roo decided to attack me one day, he clung to bum and ripped my leggings, i can back in the house and my DH laughed so hard at the big rips exposing my undies [​IMG]

3. kimntep

kimntep Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Ocala, Florida
    Polly got on my back, as she often used to do. I was hunched over the feeder, she hopped on and I was afraid to straighten up for fear that she'd scratch my back, so I walked around the run asking her to get the heck off of me for what seemed like an eternity. My 11 yr old daughter came out and thought I'd lost it for giving Polly a piggyback ride!

4. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    I don't think it's embarrassing....maybe a little.
    My Wyandotte (Girl Bird, yeah real original)
    When she was just starting to warm up to me, she flew up like she often did to perch on my arm. (They lived in the garage at this time, too small for the coop)
    She walked up my arm and into my hood of my coat under all of my hair.
    I couldn't see her to get her out and I didn't want to hurt her wings or anything trying to get her out.
    She was in my hood for 2 hours. She didn't poop on me, that was amazing!
    I had to wait for someone to get home to help me get her out.
    After that, she was stuck to me like glue.
    >_<

5. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Giving a chicken a piggy back ride sounds funny! [​IMG]

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Hey! Point that thing the other way!

[​IMG]

7. sirhc76

sirhc76 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2011
    Memorial day weekend the family was out of town and I managed to lock myself in the coop. Walked in closed the door and forgot about the gate latch. I built the door to be a little tight and simply pulled it shut a little harder than normal. I had to push out the door I use to pull poop board and squeeze my way out. I now have the safety wire fixed to the latch and pulled inside the door.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by