Embden color question -- born white and now has some grey

Discussion in 'Geese' started by kimberly35042, Sep 21, 2011.

1. kimberly35042

kimberly35042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2009
    Central Alabama
    Have you ever had an embden born yellow, first molt is white and then develop some grey? craziest thing I've ever seen. Got him/her with a bargain assortment from Holderread's in May and its a beautiful bird with stunning blue eyes and the overall embden look but getting grey feather on the edges of its wings. I'll post pics when I get home tonight.
    hmm

ok -- here we go. This is today:

[​IMG]

And a full shot

[​IMG]

And at about 1 month old, way back in June **lol**

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  2. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    Hi

He/?she looks to be developing into a beautiful bird [​IMG] It does sometimes happen with young Embdens and normally moults out white the following year. The ones with dark markings towards the rear are often females. Thats a nice SB Sebastopol there in the background [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  3. kimberly35042

kimberly35042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2009
    Central Alabama
    Thanks Pete --that means a lot coming from you [​IMG]

"Henry" the SD Seb is the reason for the Embden. Shipped Eggs and Henry hatched all by himself/herself? Crisis call to Holderread's for a bargain assortment of geese and (drumroll please)......I now have a a "6 pack" of geese. LOVE the little boogers!! The lavender Americans are my favorite. Henry is the prettiest, but somewhat of a primadonna if you know what I mean. The lavenders are SLOWLY getting more pretty grey feathers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    Hmmm.......... nice little group you've got there and I can see why you like your Lavander Americans. They look lovely and its interesting how their colour is slowly moulting in. I'll bet by next year they look very special. Congratulations of such a lovley group and in an ideal setting with that big pond [​IMG]

Pete [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by