1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Embden Gander and Pekin Hen for Sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by peeppeeppeep, Feb 11, 2011.

1. peeppeeppeep

peeppeeppeep Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2009
    Shasta County
    Beautiful Embden gander (male goose on right in pic) for sale. He is fine with me - I raised him from a hatchling - but he is not good with small children, which is why he needs a new home. He is not what I would call super-aggressive, but he does hiss and run at certain people. He's really pretty chicken and if you open and umbrella he runs away like anything. Geese can live for 20-25 years, and "Panic" is only about two. I will only let him go to a good home with a pond, a safe yard, and someone who wants a forever pet. He is really beautiful, almost like a swan when he is swimming. Loves to eat grass and he looks forward to getting his grain at night, too. I hate to sell him, but my 8 year old can't really play outside since he is terrified of this big guy.

Also have a lovely large white female Pekin duck for sale (seen in center of pic below). "Einstein" (named ironically) needs a good home with a pond and preferably a Pekin drake for company! Right now she thinks she is one of the geese. However, she and Panic are very fond of one another, and I would be willing to let them go together. She used to lay lots of eggs for us when we kept her penned at night. Now they all sleep outside so who knows what or where she is laying! Einstein is about 2 also - they were all raised together.

I am asking $25 each, or I would love to trade both for a Sebastopol gander. I have one female Sebastopol - Panic was supposed to be a Sebastopol but somehow I ended up with an Embden!

I am in the Redding area. These must be picked up locally on my farm east of Redding, or we could meet nearby.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Just a tip, I had an embden 'ganderling' that was aggressive to my son and certain other people. Of course I rehomed him since he was pretty big. Since then he's turned into a totally different goose [​IMG]

Good luck with finding him a home, I love my embdens [​IMG]

3. peeppeeppeep

peeppeeppeep Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2009
    Shasta County
    Thanks! Panic is really a sweetie with me. When he was a little guy I used to sit and hold him on my lap. [​IMG] I know if he was in a home with adults he would be loved.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by