1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Embden Geese Coming!!!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Snowboy, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Snowboy

Snowboy Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2011
    I am getting 2 embden Geese Tuesday and I am so exited!! But I have no idea what to do about a brooder!! I have had Ducks and Guineas before But I those back in the beginning of April when it is cold outside Not in July when Its 85-90 degrees everyday. So what do I need in my brooder??

2. Yetti

Yetti Chillin' With My Peeps

lots of cool water. as long as it doesn't get above 85* they'll be fine. if you see them panting you may want to cool them off with a fan. right now my concrete floor in my barn is around 65* at night. its just right so as they don't get cold. plus if the little ones have the feather sprouts coming in already they won't need any extra heat.
    how old are the bird your getting?

My were day olds and all I had to do was put in bedding flakes with some food & water till they were big enough. they didn't need extra heat after a couple weeks. now mine are 6 weeks and huge.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by