Embden goose eggs ~ P/U Palm Beach County, FL or will ship

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sunny Side Up, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    My Embdens are laying here in western West Palm Beach, FL. Availability varies from day to day. I have 4 females & 2 males.

Eggs are $2 each. You can pick them up here or arrangements could be made to meet somewhere nearby. I will ship them for an additional $1 per egg + the cost of postage. Which would probably be flat-rate Priority Mail, fitting 2-3 in a medium box, 3-4 in a large one, and Delivery Confirmation.

There are 3 eggs ready to go right now.

2. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Quote:Is it possible that you can post a picture of an egg? I got a huge egg today and I am not sure if it just a massive chicken egg of my Embdem goose has laid her first egg. It is huge?

thanks

3. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    Sorry, no photos to post. [​IMG]

Your Embden's first egg/s might be close in size to an extra-extra-large egg one of your hens might have laid. Goose eggs are white, oval, large, with a dry texture more like a chicken's egg than the slick waxy shells of duck eggs. Goose eggs are more of a consistant oval, not tapered like a typical chicken egg with a large and a pointy end.

Where did you find this egg? My geese like to make nests of grass or straw and then cover their eggs well after they're laid. Do you have a hen that could have laid a large white egg?

4. chickenlady08

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    sunny side

thank you. I do think that this is what I have. I posted in the goose section with some pix and whoever has looked at it has said definitely a goose egg.

She laid it in a wierd spot actually. in one of the coops by the door in between the waterer and door.

I am so excited now especially since I just discovered that she is a she.

Thank you for your detailed description of the eggs. this egg is 3 inches long!!!

5. chickenlady08

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Hi sunnyside

I have discovered that I have 2 females Emddens. So I was wondering what shipping would be for 23301. VA

thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by