"Embedded Photos" appearing on profile

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Going Bhonkers, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Going Bhonkers

Going Bhonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
    I just noticed that an Embedded Photos section has appeared on my profile, below my photo albums. I see that it shows all the pictures I've uploaded on threads. While I think this is a good feature, is there any way to remove some of them from appearing on my profile? I dont see a delete option.

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Hmm. Thanks, we are looking into it.

3. CluckyCharms

CluckyCharms Chillin' With My Peeps

There is a delete option on all of mine. Go to your profile and scroll down to where the pictures are and click on one of them. When it comes up click on "Edit Photos" in the upper right corner. Below the field area you should see a little box that says "Delete this Photo". Worked for me.

hope that helps

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    That would probably also delete the picture from the post, which ruins the continuity of the thread. Hopefully it is only visible to the member whose profile it is on, but we will find out.

5. CluckyCharms

Yes, it removes the picture from the post because they are community albums. It still deletes the photo though (which is what they were asking).

Perhaps (maybe) it would be possible to have an option (somewhere, I don't know where, lol) to select boxes to choose which areas are shown on a profile and whicha re not (like "show embedded images" and being able to select or deselect a box to make or make it not, show). I don't mind them where they are, they're on the bottom and I can't see them at all unless I purposely scroll down there to look at them. But other people may have a different layout on their monitor, I'm not sure.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  6. Going Bhonkers

Going Bhonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
    Thanks, Clucky. I dont want to delete them from the thread, I would just like to remove them from my profile, if that's possible. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the techies say [​IMG]

7. CluckyCharms

I'm totally liking those little eyeballs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by