EMERGANCY PLZ ANSER

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickenlover707, Oct 19, 2016.

1. chickenlover707

chickenlover707 Just Hatched

Oct 14, 2016
    Today my 3 baby chicks came in the mail.1 has wobblely legs and there spred out and has his eyes closed CANT open them

Another one cant open his eyes and is a little wobblely
    The other one is fine

2. chickenlover707

Oct 14, 2016
    Someone plz reply i don't want them to die!!

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    They could be suffering from shipping stress, whiich can include overheating or chilling, dehydration, or rough handling. Keep them warm but not too warm, and give electrolytes and vitamins in their water by dipping their beaks into the water. Products such as Poultry Nutri-drench, Poultry Cell, or SaveAChick are very good. Tonight if you can until you can get those, put a tsp of sugar and a tiny pinch of salt in a liter of water, and give drinks as often as possible.

1 person likes this.
  4. chickenlover707

Oct 14, 2016

To all the chicks or just those 2 BTW the one who could not be is better and can see and is running around but the other one is very inactive won't even get up anymore... cuz it keeps tripping on its new cast

5. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains

6. chickenlover707

Oct 14, 2016
    She died last night her sister that couldn't open her eyes is fine now she's actually less active stands up sleeping her other sister just sleeps EVERYTIME I dip her beak she freaks out and DOSENT WANT to drink THEY also seem VERY uninterested in food she also sometimes breathes hard

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by