EMERGANCY!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by FatherRoo, Feb 1, 2014.

1. FatherRoo

FatherRoo Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2013
    Okay, at 11:32 AM, I went out to the chicken coop. Three of are birds were perfectly fine, but are fourth one was just laying on the floor. I thought she was dead. But when I picked her up, her legs tucked in, her head stretched alittle and she gave this really weak cheep.

I freaked, and set her down in a nesting box, then ran to.my dryer and got a warm towel then ran back over. One of the girls was about to throw her out of the box when I shoo'd them away and got her, gently wrapping her in the towel then hauled myself inside. I then got a heater from the garage and got back to her. Now she's laying with us on the couch. She's moving every so often, but thats about it. Please, someone tell me how else I can help her cause my sister's saying she might not make it!

2. FatherRoo

Dec 12, 2013
    New update:

With the heating vent, she's gotten alot warmer, her feet and legs are alot warmer too. She just stretched out and flapped her wings alittle including opening her eyes. But i'm still worried.

3. FatherRoo

Dec 12, 2013
    Bad update:

She didn't make it. She finally passed away, but we did pull in another sick chicken the girls started beating on, so hopefully she does better. She acts like she has a cold currently.

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  5. pwand

pwand Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    BC Canada
    I am so sorry for your loss. :hugs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by