!EMERGENCEY! PLEASE HELP ! MY DOG MIGHT DIE! All vets plz read!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by goofychickens, Nov 15, 2015.

  1. goofychickens

    goofychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

    My dog ate one cup of honey yesterday, and about 90 children's (no iron) gummy vitamins. He was shivering for about 20 mins. but now he stopped. He gagged a little. Please help, and thx in advance!:/
    -Goofy
     
  2. goofychickens

    goofychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

    We are giving him hydrogen peroxide to make him puke.:/:(
     
  3. CMV

    CMV Flock Mistress

    6,771
    131
    281
    Apr 15, 2009
    Why haven't you called Poison Control or your vet? We would need the ingredient list on the vits to assist you.
     
  4. goofychickens

    goofychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

    Poison control doesn't take animals, and were 1 hour from the nearest town plus the vet's closed. We are making hi m puke.
     
  5. CMV

    CMV Flock Mistress

    6,771
    131
    281
    Apr 15, 2009
    I suspect the dog is going to have some GI upset, diarrhea, and expensive urine (since the vitamins will be flushed out through the kidneys), but I can't say for sure without an ingredient list.
     
  6. CMV

    CMV Flock Mistress

    6,771
    131
    281
    Apr 15, 2009
    Xylitol? Is it on the list?
     
  7. goofychickens

    goofychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

    No its not. It's an all natural gummy vitamin.
     
  8. CMV

    CMV Flock Mistress

    6,771
    131
    281
    Apr 15, 2009
    Well, that's excellent news. Any luck with the peroxide?
     
  9. goofychickens

    goofychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

    Vitamins A,C,D&E,Niacin,vitaminb6,folic acid,vitaminb12,biotin,pantothenic acid,calcium, iodine,magnesium,zinc,sodium, choline, inostol,cane sugar,tapicoa syrup,pectin,citric acid,natural flavors,natural colors,sodium citrate.
    We made him puke but he ate the vitamins hours ago.
     
  10. CMV

    CMV Flock Mistress

    6,771
    131
    281
    Apr 15, 2009
    He needs to get to a vet. Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin. He may not be able to clear that amount of Vitamin D without potential organ damage.
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by