*emergencie* Please Help Older Chickens Pecking The Smaller Ones

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by countrygirl911, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. countrygirl911

countrygirl911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    HI I HAVE AN EMERGENCY AND DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I HAVE CHICKENS OUT IN THE COOP THAT ARE AROUND 7 OR 8 WEEKS OLD WEEKS OLD AND 5 LITTLE ONES THAT ARE ABOUT 4 TO 6 WEEKS OLD . I BROUGHT THE LITTLE ONES OUT TO THE COOP WITH THE BIG ONES THEY WERE IN THEIR CAGE AND AFTER A WHILE I THOUGHT THEY WERE FINE SO I ATEMPTED TO LET THE YOUNGER ONES OUT AND ONE OF THE BIGGER ONES WENT CRAZY AND FLE IN THE CAGE AND PINED DOWN THE LITTLES ONE OF THE GROUP AND STARTED TO PECK THE CRAP OUT OF HER. SO I FINALLY GOT HER OFF THE LITTLE ONE AND I CLOSED THEM BACKINTO THE CAGE SO IT COULD NOT GET HURT BUT THE BIGGER ONE SEEM DETERMINED TO GET TO HER. THE OTHER 4 OLDER ONES SEEMFINE WITH THEM AND EVEN IGNORE THE LITTLE ONES. WHAT SHOULD I DO SHOULD I BRING THEM BACKINSIDE OR LEVE THEM IN THE BIG CAGE THEY ARE IN INSIDE THE COOP UNTIL THEY GET USE TO EACH OTHER THEN LET THEM OUT WITH THE OTHERS. BELOW IS THE PIC OF THE ONE ATTACKING THE LITTLE ONES.

[​IMG]

THIS IS A PIC OF THE SMALLER ONES

[​IMG]

PLEASE HELP I AM NEW TO CHICKENS AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE THE LITTLE ONES DO NOT GET HURT OR EVEN WORSE KILLED BY THE BIGGER ONE I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP AND ADVICE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Duplicate thread. Please no cross-posting per BYC rules. [​IMG] Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by