EMERGENCY Baby chick injury!

Jun 3, 2021
Hello everyone! I have an emergency I need fast advice for. Have a sebright chick, about 1-2 weeks old. She somehow got on top of my pet rats cage ( I am rehoming said rats now just waiting to drop them off at new home!) and one of them grabbed her leg. She isn't moving it but it's stopped bleeding.
I can post pictures if needed, but I need advice for cleaning and aftercare, I really care for this baby and I don't want to lose her.
I was only looking away for a few minutes with the brooder lid off, I feel so bad! Please help!!

Hello everyone! I have an emergency I need fast advice for. Have a sebright chick, about 1-2 weeks old. She somehow got on top of my pet rats cage ( I am rehoming said rats now just waiting to drop them off at new home!) and one of them grabbed her leg. She isn't moving it but it's stopped bleeding.
I can post pictures if needed, but I need advice for cleaning and aftercare, I really care for this baby and I don't want to lose her.
I was only looking away for a few minutes with the brooder lid off, I feel so bad! Please help!!

Hi, If you're concerned about infection, I usually bathe their legs with a very mild solution of tcp and water, usually helps. Best of luck, it's always a worry
Thank you, I rinsed it with warm water and I'm trying to keep it clean, I didn't want to put anything too harsh on it but I'll try that!

Back
Top Bottom