Emergency! Chicken with swell on roof of mouth!

haybail2028

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 10, 2014
Upstate New York
Hello to all my backyard chicken guru's!

PLEASE HELP!!!

My precious Easter Egger Ms. Hennifer Lopez has a black spot and a swell on the "roof of her mouth" and has developed a slight curl up on the end of her beak... all of which are making her not be able to eat properly. The first picture attached was her on October 23rd with what seemed to be some pecking wounds on the bridge of her beak from the queen B's of the clan and you can see her beak is normal at the point... the rest of the pictures attached are her from this evening.

She seems to be acting perfectly normal, except for the fact she cant close the end of her beak due to whatever is causing the inside top of her beak to swell up like that. She is not able to peck at anything because as you can see she doesn't really have a correct pecker to be pecking with! The what was once dried blood from last week is now a very harsh looking bridge of her beak which I'm not sure is normal healing or if it is also some sort of infection? It just looks plain yucky :( You will also notice a part of her beak on the left side has a piece that juts out abnormally...

The black spot on the inside has to mean something... Fowl Pox? Canker? Just seems odd she is the only one that has it and I am wondering if its a bacterial thing caused from her pervious wounds? Really freaking out because she is just the sweetest girl. Any and ALL help would be appreciated.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

-Bailey

Oh, and
welcome-byc.gif
I hope your chicken gets better. Sorry I can't be of much help myself.

Back
Top Bottom