emergency-coop caught on fire.

kschicks

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 24, 2012
Land of Oz
I had one chicken survive. She is sneezing and sounds raspy. Its bitterly cold here in KS so I have her inside. I'm very concerned because she isn't walking! Ive only been raising chickens for 6 Mos. Is there anything I can do for her or any steps I need to take or signs to watch for? She's my baby girl, can anyone help?!?! Thank you!!!!

Greetings from a fellow Kansas and welcome aboard. Wish it was under better circumstances. I'm sorry you are going through this - and on Christmas Eve no less. I think what you should do is post here

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Give lots of details about her symptoms. Warning: On Christmas Eve there may not be a lot of response so be as patient as you can be. I'll check that thread to read what you wrote. For now, keep her inside as you said where it's warm, keep her calm and reasonably immobile (not a lot of space to run or flop around) until you know what you are dealing with.

Again, so sorry - I want to wish a Merry Christmas despite what you are going through. Hang in there!!

***Oops*** I just saw you did post there.

Last edited:
Oh, Thank you soon very much, Kansan! I will take your advice and post more on her symptoms. I greatly appreciate your response. I do have her in a small box to keep her immobile.

Again, thank you and best wishes for the holiday and new year!

Back
Top Bottom