emergency... day olds life at stake

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by squeak1387, Jul 11, 2011.

1. squeak1387

squeak1387 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    bronson, fl
    I have a day old that is limp. Everyonce in awhile it will move, mostly just opening its mouth like its gasping. It peeps very quiet every once in awhile. I need to know if anyone know what might be wrong and how to help it.

2. Britney

Britney Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2010
    Sometimes these things happen with no explanation. I wish that I could help you. Did you hatch it? Where did you get it?

3. Vtchicks

Vtchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    Rutland, VT
    Has baby drank any water yet? Temp in broader? Are there other babys? If so are the all doing well?

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Well, with brand new chicks, sometimes there is something internally wrong, and they just fade away. You could possibly try giving it some vitamins/electrolites in the drinking water, and using a dropper to get it to drink, but it doesn't sound good.

Take care, and don't blame yourself, these things do happen. I think it's nature's way of handling things.....

Sharon

5. squeak1387

squeak1387 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    bronson, fl
    Well it ofically passed

6. Vtchicks

Vtchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    Rutland, VT
    You cared enough to try to help it. Like it has been said, these things happen even when you have done everything perfect.

7. Desert Plum

Desert Plum Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2009
    So. Calif desert area
    That is right. I had one pass on me today even after I got water and tried to get some gro-chick stuff in her. Don't blame yourself just keep positive and enjoy your chicks. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by