"Emergency Eggs" now 8 weeks old! pics

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Ellie, May 30, 2008.

1. Ellie

Ellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    I had a cochin go broody and my rooster died so there were no fertilized eggs for her. I emailed Speckeled Hen right away and asked if she could send some eggs. Bless her heart, she got them packed and sent to me the next day. 5 days later they were under Lacy and now they are 8 weeks old.

Hawkeye was the daddy to the BR's and Suede to the Blue Orp. Thanks to Cynthia, I have 4 girls, maybe even ending her "boy streak".

Here they are:

I know BR's look alike, but one has the kindest face

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Charlotte' baby

[​IMG]

Suede and Sky's Girl

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking,
    Ellie

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Ellie, are you sure that first one isn't Charlotte's baby? Sure looks a bit like an Ameraucana to me!

3. Ellie

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Well now Cyn, you just may be right. I thought I labeled them in the camera, but you do know your chickens, and these are from your flock. Unless I can see her "poofy cheeks" it is hard to tell.

Poor Cyn, I have sent just about weekly pics of these babies to her! My first hatch, well, Lacy's first hatch. Proud chickie mama here. [​IMG]

Ellie

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  4. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Quote:

5. Ellie

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Cajun, they are very healthy don't I don't know how they manage to get so big because I have 8 hens who don't like to let them get to their food! I put food everywhere and there they go after the little ones every time they try to eat!! [​IMG] They do free range though.

Elllie

6. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Quote:Elllie , the 3 or 4 pictures above that you posted are 8 WEEKS OLD ?

ARE YOU SURE ? DANG , I have 4 different brreds of chicks and they are between 8 and 10 weeks old , YOURS LOOK ALOT OLDER .......

7. Ellie

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    I am positive they are 8 weeks old, but remember, these are close ups. If I took them farther away, they would look smaller. Make sense?

Ellie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by