Emergency hatch completed- now what?

Barnyardgroupie

Chirping
Aug 14, 2022
Hello all! Happy to be here and excited to read and learn all of the tips and tricks you all have to offer!

Current situation: I just completed an emergency hatch with my first peacock. They popped Friday night around 6pm, this morning with no progress and lots of sad chirps I performed a very successful emergency hatch (the egg was glued with a 2 inch zipper).
The little guy is beat and exhausted from the days of trying…. Is there a way I can administer electrolytes using a baby syringe?

Baby is alive, just resting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    701.3 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 3C1B77D9-A74C-49C1-BF85-60ACBDD2FE32.jpeg
    3C1B77D9-A74C-49C1-BF85-60ACBDD2FE32.jpeg
    351.2 KB · Views: 3
Hello all! Happy to be here and excited to read and learn all of the tips and tricks you all have to offer!

Current situation: I just completed an emergency hatch with my first peacock. They popped Friday night around 6pm, this morning with no progress and lots of sad chirps I performed a very successful emergency hatch (the egg was glued with a 2 inch zipper).
The little guy is beat and exhausted from the days of trying…. Is there a way I can administer electrolytes using a baby syringe?

Love your forum name, BTW!

I would not. He should have enough fluids and food from the absorbed yolk to last him for a day or two. He just needs to rest and stay warm. Once he's dry and starting to fluff up, you can move him to the brooder. He'll get up and be active soon.
This is the exact answer I was hoping to receive. Thank you! I thought the same thing but needed that confirmation. I appreciate you!

Samantha

Love your forum name, BTW!
The two of you have interesting usernames. Together you'd sound like a rock group. 🤣

Welcome to BYC. I hope everything goes well with your peachick. @casportpony has peafowl. She is also well versed in emergency treatments.

Back
Top Bottom