Emergency hatch

ajneal30

Songster
7 Years
May 22, 2012
My BLRW roo died sometime in the last few days (I was out of town). I think he either choked on the food or got an impacted crop.
Anyway I have been trying to raise this breed forever and I need to do an emergency hatch. I gathered up the eggs, 12 of them most several days old. I know I won't have much success due to the age of the eggs, but I need to try anyway.
It's been long enough since I did this, I don't remember what temp I need my bator to run at. If anyone is still up, I'd sure appreciate a refresher course.
Thanks in advance!

chickengr

Free Ranging
6 Years
Dec 29, 2014
greece
not an expert but I am awake now.

the bator with fan: 37,5 celsius (99-99,5 f?), still air 38 celsius if I remember well. you must run the bator without eggs for about 5-6 hours. plenty of time to google and find out the rest.

good luck!

ajneal30

Songster
7 Years
May 22, 2012
Thank you both. My incubator has already been running for several hours on the same setting it had been on last I used it. It was running a little hot so I turned it down and loaded up the eggs. I couldn't wait any longer, the eggs are already old enough it's touch and go if they will hatch at all. I'll give it a few days and candle to see if any are developing.
I have a friend with an incubator who is willing to hatch for me as well so I will gather eggs for the next three days and see if she can hatch any that are not as old as these are.

chickengr

Free Ranging
6 Years
Dec 29, 2014
greece
don't worry too much. I hatched a 19 days old egg. she is my avatar pic. she is 3 mo now, beautiful and healthy (touch wood!).

:fl

ajneal30

Songster
7 Years
May 22, 2012
I have a really sucky incubator, but for the first time since I bought the hunk of junk, it's holding steady right at 99 degrees. :D

Top Bottom