Emergency Help Needed - My chicken throw up and walks imbalanced and cant eat well

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by pesargoogool, Apr 21, 2012.

1. pesargoogool

pesargoogool New Egg

Apr 21, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Hi everyone,

Here is my chicken condition:

On the day 1 she was good until 3 PM and after that she was standing still most of the time.
    And when try walking she was feeling imbalanced. sometimes she was stretching one leg and weakly put it down.
    she opens wings a little bit. we feel that she was doing it to control her balance. Also pulling her leg a little bit on the ground instead of walking properly.
    She was throwing up water a little bit for a few times. she did not want to eat, she just drank a little water for a few times.
    The only thing she was eating a little bit was mud. We did not stop her thinking that she is self healing. By 8 PM she was a little bit better so we took her to her home and waited until morning to see if she is the same we take her to a animal clinic.

On the day 2 we were luckily that she was normal and good all day long and We did not see anything suspicious.

On the day 3 which was a relatively hot day she was good until 3-4 PM we saw that she was standing still for a long time . I did not see whether she was throwing up or not but she was standing a long time.
    this time she could eat a little bit and she was drinking more water than the first day.

Please tell me what I should do at this moment? if you know any treatment or cure.

Thanks alot

2. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    How old is she?

3. pesargoogool

pesargoogool New Egg

Apr 21, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    she is about 1 year old , she is a buff orpington.

4. fried green eggs

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
  5. pesargoogool

pesargoogool New Egg

Apr 21, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    She is doing better today. I will take her to a avian doctor tomorrow to make sure she is fine.
    Thanks

6. fried green eggs

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    Glad to hear she is doing better [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. pesargoogool

pesargoogool New Egg

Apr 21, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Thank you :)

8. ChickenCrazay

ChickenCrazay Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2014
    my chick is doing the same thing I started a thread on it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by