(EMERGENCY )hen Chick tries to chirp but no sound comes out

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Itsanhonourservingyou, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Itsanhonourservingyou

Itsanhonourservingyou Hatching

Mar 27, 2018
    I need help guys please. I have 2 chicks. Both of them tries to chirp but no sound comes out. Its like they have lost their voices. I have another problem. One of those chicks have a brown runny stool. And It also looks like they both sneezes. (Theres really hot in my city these days the average about 34 throgh out the day )

2. 2 many chickens

2 many chickens Songster

Jan 14, 2017
    Are you sure they're trying to chirp? If you pick them up do they chirp? What's the temp. In your brooder? If chicks are too hot they will open their mouths and pant.. maybe that's what they're doing??

3. How old are they, where have you been keeping them. Temperatures where they are kept? What breed? What foods, how long have you had them? What breed

4. Itsanhonourservingyou

Mar 27, 2018
    Yes i am sure they are trying to chirp. Sometimes when they try to chirp, i hear faint chirping. I can also confirm that they are trying to chirp by looking at their beaks. When i picked them up, i heard really faint chirps. I cant understand ur question of what is the temp. in ur brroder.

Mariyam Abbas likes this.
  5. As stated above if they are to hot they will open mouth breathe which could look like chirping Put them in a cooler area and just see in about 10 minutes or so if they quit.

Hyroler likes this.
  6. Do these chicks show any other symptoms. Weakness not eating or drinking.? Are they active?

7. Itsanhonourservingyou

Mar 27, 2018
    I dont know about their age because i brought them from the market. But it seems like they are probably 9-12 days old. I have instaaled a fan to keep the temperature low.

8. Itsanhonourservingyou

Mar 27, 2018
    Yes. They seem to get inactive. They close there eyes and try to chirp. But then sometime later continue to eat and drink

9. Brooder is for young chicks what is the age It is hard to diagnose something without out knowing some specifics

Hyroler likes this.
  10. Itsanhonourservingyou

Mar 27, 2018
    I am sure that they are chirping. When i held the chick close to my ear,i heard really light chirps. The chirps i heard were not normal though. They were rash

Mariyam Abbas and Arya28 like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: