EMERGENCY!! Im looking for cood coop websites. Anybody have some?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ChickenPeep, Aug 15, 2011.

1. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Hey there! Im looking for a cheap coop big enough for 7 chickens. we wont buy from ebay. I want them to be able to move around in them, and not have to go in just to sleep. My parents are not willing to pay for anything past 700-800 dollars! [​IMG] we want to buy it, and not have to build it ourselves. If there is self assembly, its okay, well take it!
    Does anyone know some good websites? Im really in an emergency! my chickens are about to start laying and they dont have any shelter! This is an EMERGENCY!!
    this is all they have right now! -> http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=chicken+hutch&hl=en&prmd=ivns&resnum=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1280&bih=929&wrapid=tlif131344161117510&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=10382327197031059651&sa=X&ei=e4dJTry2PMSCsgLg-MCSCA&ved=0CGwQ8gIwAA#

*EDIT*
    : In the title, i meant 'good' not 'cood'!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  2. greenpeeps

greenpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Greenford, Ohio
    There are many places that you can look, check out you local feed store. I have a local one that sells a terrific chicken coop. You could also look at some sheds. The money you have is more then enough to have something large and wonderful for you and your chickens. You should put in your heading that you are looking for a cold weather coop "insert your town & state" and I'm sure you will have some locals on here help you even more.

Good luck in your search!

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Scroll up, middle of the page is a heading/link called Coop Designs. It's fabulous, shouldn't take more than a week to see them all! [​IMG]

In the BYC store, there is a book called Coop Design For Dummies. VERY helpful for novice builders! [​IMG]

4. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Quote:Thanks for the help, but im looking for a pre-built coop, or at least mostly pre-built!

5. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Are you looking for a cold weather coop? I can't tell if cood should read good, cool or cold... or co-ed? Do you have boys too?

6. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Quote:Oops, i meant to put 'good' Not cood! sorry!
    and yes, i have boys too!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  7. wastintime202

wastintime202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    try Craigslist in your area..we have seen alot of readymade coop there pretty reasonable..we built ours ourselves from the coop site here..medium coop for 8 hens..was 358.00 for supplies..it turned out great

8. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Yikes!

It is so much easier when you build the coop first and then get the chickens.

Your best bet at this point is to start looking for a shed that you can insulate, ventilate, predator proof and add some 5gallon bucks on their sides for nest boxes.

You might be able to find a used shed/coop, but for something instant, ready for your climate and CHEAP...you are going to have a challenge.

You might want to come up with your budget and then ask your local 4h if they know anyone willing to build you a coop in your price range.

9. lauriej57

lauriej57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2010
    Southwest Michigan
    Quote:If you can spend 700-800 dollars, buy a wooden shed, 8x8 or 10x10. They'll also need a run, so cut a pop door in the shed to their run. Add a couple of nest boxes, and a couple of roosts, and you'll have the perfect coop.

10. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    no, ahty actually dont need a run, we allready have one!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by