Emergency In Columbus Oh!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by EllegantPoppy, Sep 25, 2011.

1. EllegantPoppy

EllegantPoppy New Egg

Aug 2, 2011
    HI, I don't know if you'll get this message in time, but I wanted to know if there was something you guys could do or if you could direct me to someone who could help down here in Columbus. . . .

My friend at work, her neighbor got evicted and has ABANDONED 2 ducks (gender unknown), a hen, and a cat at the property. [​IMG]

I can' take them because I haven't got a permit to have fowl in the city. Would it be possible to have someone come and rescue them on an emergency mission this afternoon? If not, do you know anyone in this area who could give them a good home?

Thanks in advance!

2. featheredfashions

featheredfashions Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    Florida
    ON NO! Can you at least get food and water to them while you wait on a rescue? Are they inside or out?

3. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Quote:I would post over in the Ohio thread I. where am I where are you here on BYC. Will have better luck finding someone local. Good luck

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  5. LisaAnnW

LisaAnnW Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2011
    X2 - If you can get the word out to someone closer than us here in Florida, I'm sure some good-hearted soul will help. There's lots of helpful people on this site. Water is the main thing I'd worry about...those animals need to have water right away. Wish I was closer. Good luck.

Quote:I would post over in the Ohio thread I. where am I where are you here on BYC. Will have better luck finding someone local. Good luck

6. EllegantPoppy

EllegantPoppy New Egg

Aug 2, 2011
    THANKS GUYS! I move this over there! Hopefully someone can help us before the landlord does something bad with them. . . .

7. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Please give us an update when you know something. Thanks

8. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Try contacting Carolina Waterfowl Rescue-they may be able to hook you up with someone in your area that can help them!
    http://carolinawaterfowlrescue.com/contacts.html
    I know they aren't in your state, but I bet they can find someone who is.

9. Chic_girl

Chic_girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2011
    Near Columbus OH
    Hi! I live in Hilliard Ohio, right outside Columbus, and currently have a flock of runner-crosses roaming my yard! I have raised Ducks for 4-H, and I would love to take in your rescues. Tell me what you think about letting me take on your rescues.

10. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:you need to PM her so she gets your message asap, and [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by