New Delhi India
Any remedies?
She's unable to pick food
We hand feed her

Attachments

• IMG_20170908_162617.jpg
    IMG_20170908_162617.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 9
Wow...nice comb! I had a chicken recently get his beak stuck in a hole and peeled off the whole tip of his beak! He could not pick up food either. What worked for me was giving him a nice deep bowl of food he could sink his down beak into.i also offered him chopped boiled eggs, pieces if soft bread and stuff like squash and cucumber that I cut in half..that way he could sink his beak into the halfed vegetables to eat. He did real well and was back to his old self. The beak will grow back..but he may need a deeper bowl for a couple weeks

Wow...nice comb! I had a chicken recently get his beak stuck in a hole and peeled off the whole tip of his beak! He could not pick up food either. What worked for me was giving him a nice deep bowl of food he could sink his down beak into.i also offered him chopped boiled eggs, pieces if soft bread and stuff like squash and cucumber that I cut in half..that way he could sink his beak into the halfed vegetables to eat. He did real well and was back to his old self. The beak will grow back..but he may need a deeper bowl for a couple weeks

Ohh thank you thank you for ur reply!!

Yeah she had a beautiful comb and wattles she's a 2 month old Indian leghorn ..actually her beak is too much so we decided to trim it down a little with the nail clipplar she's moving so much during the procedure and beak got little extra trim & she got blood we got scared and afraid ..we hand feed her some liquid oatmeal and water and also give her some vitamins & amino acid drop ..

As yet ...I think she has pain
She can't pick food so.she's little bit irritated ..any medicine or ointment do u know for this injury?? I apply some mustard oil ( as its antiseptic properties)

Y
What breed is your chicken? Are u sure it's a hen? It's comb and waffles are pretty impressive for a hen. Does it crow?

This is Indian Leghorn basically found in India
Yes! I search out some videos for sexing ..I found that she had rolled feathers and very curvy tall tail ..she actually looks like female beautiful girl ..yes she Crow she crow in the morning at 5 then 3 times a day till evening and whenever she wants food ..

U can put a bit of antibiotic ointment on the tip of the beak. When my rooster peeled off his beak...it was sore for a couple of days. Your chicken should be fine in a couple If days. Just give it soft food and a deeper bowl it can sink its beak into to pick up food without touching the bottom of the bowl and causing pain. most people do not trim the chickens beak. You can try putting a few nice rocks or pieces of wood in its pen to use to wipe its beak on to naturally keep it smooth. If she's crowing...she is a he. Usually...Hens don't crow. Does it lay eggs?

Ohh .no not yet she / he is just 15 weeks old I read somewhere that they lay on 21st week I don't know anything about laying if she will lay then it will be our first time ..

Yes exactly my mom.hand feeding her we give her some bread with yoghurt she eat well now we are boiling eggs and pumpkin also we give her some bananas ..

Applied some mustard oil and it seems miracle blood traces stop appearing also we put a cushion pillow below her neck so she can rest a while ..
IMG_20170908_170813.jpg

Most if my young hens start to lay around 20 weeks. But i an thinking your chicken is a rooster by the size of its comb/wattles and pointy feathers around the neck. Do you have a better pic of its full body?

Most if my young hens start to lay around 20 weeks. But i an thinking your chicken is a rooster by the size of its comb/wattles and pointy feathers around the neck. Do you have a better pic of its full body?

Really wow!:celebrate Then if he is HE ....
I'll click a clear picture of him and attach here asap:D

Back
Top Bottom