emergency medical kit contents

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sham30, Dec 21, 2011.

1. sham30

sham30 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2009
    Maine
    I am on a mission to compile a list of info and items to have on hand for my chickens. I have a huge amount of items in the barn for horses and goats but not for the chickens. I am curious for what you all consider to be the "must haves" in your med kits. I have a great vet who will allow me to purchase emergency meds to have on hand as I live pretty far out in the willy wags [​IMG] Curious to know what you all have on hand and for what purpose. Thank you in advance!![​IMG]

2. wood&feathers

wood&feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2009
    E. KY
    Wound powder, poultry electrolytes, BluKote in ointment and the runny liquid, popsicle sticks (?), aspirin (?), some injectable antibiotics, sports tape (human first aid tape doesn't breathe enough for vet use), vet wrap.

3. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

4. GreenMeadows

GreenMeadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2011
    I always have Tylan 50 injectable and vitimans,durimicin(sp) and sugar

5. sham30

sham30 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2009
    Maine
    wood&feathers :

Wound powder, poultry electrolytes, BluKote in ointment and the runny liquid, popsicle sticks (?), aspirin (?), some injectable antibiotics, sports tape (human first aid tape doesn't breathe enough for vet use), vet wrap.

name of the antibiotic? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by