EMERGENCY!!!!organs on the outside!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kyrose, Oct 17, 2009.

1. kyrose

kyrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    one of my turkeys hatched 2 days premature.the egg sac was still attached and from her moving around it looks like it pulled her intenstines out of her.im sure theres nothing i can do but watch her die but i was hoping there might be something.
    thanks for any advice.

2. FlyingByTheSeatOfMyPants

FlyingByTheSeatOfMyPants Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2009
    The Jersey Shore
    I had a chick hatch early once with its yolk sac still outside. It didn't live more than an hour or so. I imagine your poult will pass away in short order. It's probably not worth the trauma of putting it out of its misery, as it will do so very quickly on its own.

So sorry.[​IMG]

3. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    its been three hours and shes still alive..

4. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

Im sorry to hear that. If there is nothing, rather than letting it suffer, i would have it culled. Im sorry [​IMG] [​IMG]

Make sure it is definetely the insides. It could just be the umbillical cord.

5. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    i think its to thick to be the umbilical cord.shes breathing but not moving .

6. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

A pic would be helpful, if possible please.

ETA: Where abouts are the organs coming from?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  7. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    where the cord was coming out.shes starting to bleed now.ill try to get a pic.

8. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

Ok. Try and stop the bleeding ASAP>> If it won't stop use a damp cloth and sprinkle it with some corn flour. Do you have any idea where the cord was coming from??

9. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    heres the pics.she seems to have stopped bleeding on her own.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

Ok. How active is it? That does look bad. Considering it hatched early it may be a deformation. Give it a litte while and if it's condition does not improve, then I would considering culling it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by