emergency police taking rooster

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by zakialyan, Mar 7, 2014.

1. zakialyan

zakialyan Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2013
    The cops have come to my house a said withen these two days I have to allow my polish rooster not to crow or make any noise at night or elese they will take it.....any soultions or equipment I can buy to prevent him to crow?please

2. Serenity Sav

Serenity Sav Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2014
    Bonny Doon, California
    Rooster collar might work, some people also use a black hood for their roos

3. zakialyan

Jun 23, 2013
    What are they exactly and from were can I get them

4. chiklee

chiklee Chillin' With My Peeps

If you are in a zone that allows roos and chicken's what's the big deal. Its no worst than a dog barking at night. Neighbors can be so annoying.
    I would revenge that neighborhood, by a loud goose.
    Just take him in the house at night people does raise them inside. release him during the day. It might be fun.

5. zakialyan

Jun 23, 2013
    Any other ideas....like equipment or shoupd I put him in a cage without his chickens

6. Sarevan

Sarevan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2013
    White Swan, WA
    Is your Rooster in violation of an animal ordinance or a Noise ordinance, loud noises made between certain hours is a violation. Some towns/cities say if the sound is audible within so many feet it is too loud. (I used to hate ice cream trucks in town)

The hood is like what falconers use on the birds to calm them, you can put a sock that blocks out light to make them quiet while they are supposed to be roosting.

The collar you can make too, do a search here in the forums one I remember reading the Roo didn't crow.

Good luck sorry this happened.

7. Serenity Sav

Serenity Sav Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2014
    Bonny Doon, California
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  8. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

Could you put him in a small crate inside the house at night?

9. ten chicks

ten chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    If the issue is crowing just at night,then bring him inside keep him in a cage,then let him out in the morning.

10. Joe Gonzalez

Joe Gonzalez Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2014
    Now if you go to Mypetchicken.com they sell rooster collars to prevent crowing. I think I'm going to invest in one because my other neighbor had a rooster and they already called the code enforcement on him after he's had Roos for 15 to 20 years in the neighborhood. **** neighbors.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by