EMERGENCY SEVERE BRAIN INJURY

TheEggCollecter

Songster
5 Years
Feb 16, 2014
Massachusettes
Please help! This year I hatched out five Rhodebar chicks. All were female. They are 19 weeks old and showing signs of sexual maturity. One of the pullets as hole in its head! I don't know how this happened maybe he cut it on the fence or the others pullets pecked at him. I don't think it would be the other hens because they have been with each other for a while. Maybe a predator! I don't know but this is really bad. I have include pictures below. THEY ARE GRAPHIC! She is in excruciating pain and her brain is exposed. I don't want to lose her and I can't bear to see her like this. PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:
Try giving her some water with a small amount of sugar in it...keep her warm...maybe indoors...she needs to conserve her energy for healing...

Is this anywhere close?

http://www.angell.org/vet-services/angell-boston/avian-exotic/

I know close is relative, here in Montana, we consider things under 150 miles close.

Yes I am considering taking her to a vet closer to Boston. Although I know I will pay an arm and a leg to have her treated there. I have her drinking sugar water and just got her to eat warm hard boiled egg. In going to see how she does. Does anybody know if there is anything I can do to treat the wound. I don't want infection to set in.

Back
Top Bottom