Emergency sick chicken

Ameraucanas

Songster
May 15, 2015
3 year old hen acting lethargic and poops very little, but when she does, it is really green and watery, and sticks to her vent feathers. She also has a swollen abdomen, and feels a little warmer than the other birds, but not by a lot. I have been thinking it's vent gleet, and have been treating it accordingly (baths everyday for 3 days, 1 dose of epsom salt orally, 3 tablespoons of yogurt once, vinegar in water 1 day, electrolytes in water today). Anyway, she seems to be getting a little better everyday, but so slowly. So, I was wondering if you guys had any tips on how to help her get better faster. Should I keep treating her like this, or should I be doing something differently? Also, do you think it's possible that there could be a secondary infection and that I should be giving her antibiotics? Thanks!
-Ameraucanas

Maybe she has parasites. From the sounds of it, it almost sounds like the same case with my moms brahma hen. I would suggest keeping her inside away from the other chickens. And if it's not parasites I would go to the vet.

Back
Top Bottom