Emergency sick chicken

Gallidaihia

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 28, 2013
I know the answer is probably here but I don't have time to search. After losing half my flock to predators I've lost 2 of my hens in the last few days. I'm not sure why I noticed they've lost some feathers under there vent and had seen a few w diharea but these two when they died didn't have any thing. Both died squezed I to corners the second one looks like she was half way through laying an egg. I'm trying to raise w out antibiotics. And I'm emotionally physically and financially drained I need help . I'm starting a small farm to work with the disabled and children who have been physically sexualy and emotionally abused. I just don't know what to do I can't lose more chickens. They are I. An open air coop In deep litter.

Sorry for your loss. It sounds like one chickens was egg bound. This is usually resulting from a calcium deficiency--sometimes they don't get enough in their diet (layer feed plus crushed oyster shell on the side for free feeding,) or they may have problems processing the calcium. With diarrhea , there is always a possibility that coccidiosis is killing some of your chickens, especially if any new chickens were added recently, or they have been moved. Corid (amprollium) is the treatment. Symptoms--pale skin and combs, diarrhea, sometimes with blood, puffing up into a ball, poor appetite, and ruffled feathers.

Back
Top Bottom