Emergency Supplies?!?!?!

Beckymca

Songster
9 Years
Jul 4, 2010
I'm trying my hand at hatching/raising some chicks, hoping to go into winter with about 30-40 adults. I currently have 12 adult birds for about 2 yrs now. I have a large, clean coops. 8x10' for 12 Light Brahmas and a 25x50' attached fenced yard for them. I plan to have similar set ups for other 2 breeds as well, Salmon Faverolles and Dorkings.. I know I'm bound to run into some troubles at some point.

I start all my chicks on prepackaged vitamin and electrolytes, I try to give them a good start. I also give it to the adult birds on really hot days. I do feed Blue Seal medicated chick starter but I do not vaccinate. My adult birds came from the hatchery and they were vaccinated, they get BS layer pellets, they all get unlimited feed.

I'd like input on de-worming and what other things would be good to keep on hand, thanks for any thoughts.

I'm a bit of a freak about being prepared for things, I have horses and if something can go wrong, it will, lol....

I'm going to be ordering some leg bands and would like to pick up things that may be used to prevent infection, parasites and disease. Or supplies need to treat common things. Thanks for any input!!!!

I have some ....

vitamin powder
antibios
blue kote spray
sevin dust
hemrrhoid cream(for prolapse)

I have used all these things in the 3 years I have had my chickens. I got all these things AFTER I needed them,so it is good you are prepping.

Back
Top Bottom