Emergency!! The PO lost my birds!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by crystalchik, Jun 24, 2010.

1. crystalchik

crystalchik Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2008
    Central Florida
    Im so panicked!! I shipped 9 cockatiels out on Tuesday and they were guaranteed to their destination by 3pm Thurs (today). They never showed, have no record of them, and cant find them!! Has this ever happened to anyone before? Im so upset, its so hot and there wasnt enough moist food to last all of them for so long. We have all the PO's looking for them.

2. Qi Chicken

Qi Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    OMG I'm so sorry. I hope they find your little birds soon. In an air conditioned waiting room.

3. Show Me Chick

Show Me Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Oh that makes me so mad![​IMG] I really don't see how they could lose birds it's a noisy package...makes you wonder if someone working in the post office stole them.

4. crystalchik

Jan 15, 2008
    Central Florida
    I cant help but wonder if they were stolen either. ugh, I hope not. Im not going to be able to sleep tonight. My poor babies!!!

5. kelar

kelar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    yacolt
    I've been through hell with the po about birds and their inability to correctly track their progress. If I were you, I'd be on the phone with anyone & everyone, including the consumer complaint division of the po to try and get someone to physically look for the box. They could have been sent to the wrong place or bumped from various flights during the connecting route. Unfortunately, the po and fed ex (who ships birds for the po) now know they have THREE days to deliver before having to refund fees, so there is not much incentive to get the birds to their destination in a timely manner. If they are delivered past the 3 day window, your only recourse is a refund of shipping fees - otherwise it's SOL. I think this is a terrible situation that more people need to scream about as the po stopped refunding express delivery fees in September '09 because they were losing so much money (supposedly) on shipping live animals. Personally, I just don't ship except during the window of decent weather in the fall and spring because I've never had a "guaranteed overnight" delivery actually arrive in a timely manner. It has ALWAYS taken 2 days.

6. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    I ordered some peacock hatching eggs a week or two ago, and the tracking told me they were delivered.... to another state. The address the seller put was right, and they showed up the next day safe and sound, but even the PO was like uh we have no idea what happened or why it says it was delivered to someone else.

So I will cross my fingers they're still in transit and will arrive safely and that they just took a strange route.

7. chickeepoo

chickeepoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I hope they find them pronto- this is no weather to be messing up a delivery of live birds (or anything else living for that matter). And as someone pointed out, how do you "misplace" a loud package of cockatiels with an address label?! This may cure me from my tentative plan to ship some ducklings up NorthÂ…

8. crystalchik

Jan 15, 2008
    Central Florida
    They "found" them, and they were picked up this morn. 3 are dead. They said they rarely ship live animals right away because they ship out packages of dry ice which sucks out the oxygen. Its a nice precaution, but no one let us know that the birds were going to have sit there longer for another flight. They said they "lost track" of them because live animals dont ship directly through the Postal service system, rather another one for live animals...so once they leave the PO they dont get scanned and there for dont have any record of them until they get to another PO. They also "forgot" to insure the package.
    So when the women went to pick up the birds at the first stop (she planned to pick them at the post office they were going to stop at first so they wouldnt have to travel another day...shes done for the past 10 years), their flight had been delayed and they werent there. And no on knew where they were. However, they were NOT at the PO they were guaranteed to be at at 3pm...16 hours later they were found at that post office and the woman was called in to get them.

This is so sad...3 beautiful little tiels were lost 2 Albinos and one Whitefaced Pearl...$240 worth of birds. Is there anyone we can report this too? I agree with Kelar, I think all who ship birds or fragile packages like eggs should do something about this. I have never gotten eggs in piece, even cocooned, bubble wrapped, packing peanuts, eggcrates, and a box in a box, they were STILL all broken and none hatched!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by