EMERGENCY URGENT- DRIED MEMBRANE EGG OVER 24 HRS

View attachment 1958703
the poor kid is curled in the neck too. I’ve seen to use B12 or yeast. Should I try? Any way I can make a neck brace? His feet aren’t bad but he can’t raise his head.
Can you remove the shavings and give it a flat surface to walk?
Paper towels or an actual towel on the floor would be good.

No you can not make a neck brace.

Can it stand up?

Can you remove the shavings and give it a flat surface to walk?
Paper towels or an actual towel on the floor would be good.

No you can not make a neck brace.

Can it stand up?
I switched out the shavings for paper towel. It’s weird, he’ll be able to get onto his stomach, but his neck won’t rise from the tucked-in position. I have him under the lamp and got some water in him and sprinkled really fine crumbs around him so he can reach. I’m hoping he will stretch out given light and heat, and otherwise I may have to cull him because I want a good quality of life. Can he recover from this? I’m at work but in an hour I will be back home to water and feed him again.

I switched out the shavings for paper towel. It’s weird, he’ll be able to get onto his stomach, but his neck won’t rise from the tucked-in position. I have him under the lamp and got some water in him and sprinkled really fine crumbs around him so he can reach. I’m hoping he will stretch out given light and heat, and otherwise I may have to cull him because I want a good quality of life. Can he recover from this? I’m at work but in an hour I will be back home to water and feed him again.
Anything is possible but I would guess he probably won't.

Okay, sad to hear but my other three are doing excellent. Should I let him die by himself or cull him myself? If I cull him myself it won’t be till 5-6pm
:confused: You will have to decide what's best for you.

If he isn't up and moving by the time you get home I would end him, if I were you.

I don't like to watch them suffer.

:confused: You will have to decide what's best for you.

If he isn't up and moving by the time you get home I would end him, if I were you.

I don't like to watch them suffer.
Got it. I’m hoping he will have passed by the time I get home, otherwise I will do it myself. At least he got some time in the warmth and light being able to hear his siblings :hit

My least favorite part of hatching quail.
:hugs:hugs
Yeah, it’s my very first batch and I thought it was going so well when the first three hatched. Can’t help but think it was my fault because I noticed the egg membrane had dried but waited ten hours because I didn’t think it was at the 24 hour mark yet, and was worried about blood vessel popping or Non absorbed yolk sac. Gonna miss the little guy.

Yeah, it’s my very first batch and I thought it was going so well when the first three hatched. Can’t help but think it was my fault because I noticed the egg membrane had dried but waited ten hours because I didn’t think it was at the 24 hour mark yet, and was worried about blood vessel popping or Non absorbed yolk sac. Gonna miss the little guy.
Do you have at least one calibrated thermometer in your incubator?
Did you buy a humidity gauge and salt test it?

Back
Top Bottom