Emergency.Weak Americana not eating

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Sherrillk, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Sherrillk

Sherrillk Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2012
    Hi please help me. My Easter egger or is not eating drinking a little but very weak can't stand very worried thanks so much

2. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    You might consider tube feeding her. There is a great guide on how to do this if you search up tube feeding in the search on this forum. You can even use a clean fish air pump hose as the tube in a pinch if you can't find a tube. Tube feeding her will help her get her fluids and nutrition.i like to use a food called Exact by kaytee for tube feeding as it does not clog and is nutritionally complete. As for the nature of her illness more clues need to be given to make a diagnosis. How is her breathing? Any wheeze or tail bobbing up and down when she breathes? How is her poo? Color and consistency? Any mucus or sneezing? Is her crop emptying? Any coughing. How do her eyes look? Is she puffed up ruffled feathers and sleepy? Look listen and feel her body for any more clues you can give us. Then perhaps we can find out the nature of her illness. I wish you the best. Hope this helps.

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I would start by bringing her into a warm house.

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by