EMERGENCY! What do I do with chicken? She's now worse than before.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mjm073, May 15, 2011.

1. mjm073

mjm073 Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2011
    I am in desperate need of help. I have tried every vet around and no one will take chickens. It just makes me so angry that no one will help me. My chicken is struggling to go to the bathroom and when she pushes to go to the bathroom it looks like a red bulge comes out. IT doesn't stay out though it goes back in. She is in a great deal of pain. ADVICE?!?!?!?

2. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    [​IMG]
    I hope someone can help you.
    Maybe this bump will help get some more attention.
    I know how it goes with the vets that don't do that...I can't find one around here either.
    "It's just a chicken, no biggie."
    Well, it is a biggie...a very big biggie.
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    [​IMG]

3. DebbieF

DebbieF Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    New Richmond, WI
    Can you try a warm bath and soak her for a while? Could she be egg bound?

4. micschoenborn

micschoenborn Out Of The Brooder

Dec 23, 2008
    Minnesota
  5. mjm073

mjm073 Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2011
    I've tried the soaking in water a few times and it's just getting worse. I've already had one die from it a few days ago, and now one looks like shes going to pass anytime now. She is just standing alone and barely moving. I have another one starting show the same symptoms as well. It's so frustrating.

I don't think it's egg bound because there doesn't seem to be an egg anywhere around there. It looks like some intestinal disorder or something because when she struggles to go she squels and then this red bulge comes out of her vent.

I don't know what else do do, but if I can't figure it out I know shes going to pass soon.

6. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    [​IMG]
    Maybe it's some kind of infection or something...if you are noticing it in the rest of your flock.
    I hope someone can help you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by