Emergency. Yolk sac still attached.

dandydoodle

Songster
9 Years
Sep 21, 2010
georgia
I think most of the stuff is absorbed but, it is still attached. Will it fall off or will it absorb all of it? Do I cut it off? Will it cause its navel to bleed? What do I do??????

HELP!!!!!!!!

If the yolk is fully absorbed, it should fall off on it's own, or the chick will peck it off itself. The chick probably won't be hurt by it being there. If it's still there in a few days, maybe you can look into cutting it off again.

Post a picture. if its gooies from hatching it should be fine, if its part of the yolk sac popping out where the umbilical cord was you might be able to carefully poke it back in and put a piece of the sticky side of a bandaid on it.

I just looked at it and there is a little bit of yolk left it in. Does it normally fall off or do they usually absorb that whole big thing the yolk was in into their body? Sorry I don't have any pics. I wrapped him up so he can't move. I am hoping to keep him as immobile as possible at least until morning in the hopes he will make it. If it normally falls off I think he has a chance but, if he is suppose to suck that whole thing the yolk was in inside him I just don't know. Does anyone know if that usually falls off?

Thanks so much for the help.

Back
Top Bottom