EMERGENCY!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by nikki1496, Sep 27, 2015.

1. nikki1496

nikki1496 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2013
    northern california
    HELP ASAP!!!!! My little Serama rooster just started like seizing in his cage and flailing so I pulled him out and his head was back and he was like stiff so I held him and he like pulled up water/saliva and now I'm holding him and he keeps going limp then waking up and he's panting. Help I don't want to lose him!

2. LeafBlade12345

LeafBlade12345 Chillin' With My Peeps

Is he still alive? Has your flock been treated for Mareks and cocci?

3. nikki1496

Nov 23, 2013
    northern california
    Yes he came out of the seizure but has been attached to me and clucks if I leave him alone. He's actually an indoor bird and hast been around my other flock. The lady who had the four Serama I have now I believe did treat for both at one time. He just seems sleepy but alert.

4. LeafBlade12345

Is he eating or drinking?

5. nikki1496

Nov 23, 2013
    northern california
    I've given him sugar water but he hasn't eaten since it happened

6. LeafBlade12345

Sugar water will probably not help. Try to get him some electrolytes and gently urge him to eat a tiny bit.

7. nikki1496

Nov 23, 2013
    northern california
    I was told sugar water just to get him up and going but I have sac a chick I can give him

8. LeafBlade12345

Sounds good. Save a chick should help. This sounds like Mareks, but I can't be sure. Look up seizure in the search bar and see what you get. Good luck!

9. nikki1496

Nov 23, 2013
    northern california
    I've had a bird have mareks before this doesn't seem like mareks

10. LeafBlade12345

There are different symptoms to mareks. Have you searched for seizure? I'm sorry I can't be of more help...what are you feeding your rooster? How old is he?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by