Emergency! MY CHICKEN IS SICK!

Klaudja

Hatching
Jun 25, 2021
Hello everyone. I think my chicken might be paralyzed. Since yesterday it doesn't move... I thought it might be because it is hot, but again her little chicks are fine and she is the only one who isn't moving. I put her somewhere not hot but still she didn't seem to get up. What can I do to help her recover? Do you think she got that way because it was hot yesterday? (I thought of that, but the chicks are fine and they've been with the chicken)...Or is she sick? How can I tell for sure if she is sick?? Please help me ...how can I help my chicken ;(

I would see that she has water available and a small dish of food for her and the chicks within reach. Continue to observe her, and try picking her up to see if she can move or walk. Check her vent and abdomen to make sure that she does not have poop or any parasites on her.

Hello everyone. I think my chicken might be paralyzed. Since yesterday it doesn't move... I thought it might be because it is hot, but again her little chicks are fine and she is the only one who isn't moving. I put her somewhere not hot but still she didn't seem to get up. What can I do to help her recover? Do you think she got that way because it was hot yesterday? (I thought of that, but the chicks are fine and they've been with the chicken)...Or is she sick? How can I tell for sure if she is sick?? Please help me ...how can I help my chicken ;(
Broody hens tend to not take very good care of themselves bc all of their focus is on hatching / raising chicks. I would do what @Eggcessive suggested and make sure she has food and water within reach. … she may be severely dehydrated from neglecting her own personal needs

I tried to feed it
I would see that she has water available and a small dish of food for her and the chicks within reach. Continue to observe her, and try picking her up to see if she can move or walk. Check her vent and abdomen to make sure that she does not have poop or any parasites on her.
Thank you, I have tried to feed her on my own because she doesn't eat much by herself. The chicks are okay, she doesn't seem to have any parasites, I ll check her poop too. I bought her a vitamine too.

Broody hens tend to not take very good care of themselves bc all of their focus is on hatching / raising chicks. I would do what @Eggcessive suggested and make sure she has food and water within reach. … she may be severely dehydrated from neglecting her own personal needs
Thanks for your reply, I have tried to feed her on my own because she doesn't seem to eat much by herself. I hope she gets better

Is she able to stand or walk at all? If not, you may need to prepare a brooder with a heat source, food and water for the chicks, and remove them. She needs to be taking them outside to roam around, and to forage for for and water. A chicken sling can be used to get the broody hen up and make it easier for her to eat and drink. Here are some examples and a video:

Back
Top Bottom