1. ProudNewChickenMommy86

ProudNewChickenMommy86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2011
    Acworth, Ga
    Ok My Baby Buckeye Mix Is In Desperate Need Of Help Right Now! Iwent To Check On Them For The 15th Time Today And I Caught Her Off To The Side Not Moving. I Thought She Was Dead But When I Picked Her Up She Chirped And She's Very Cold. Should I Try To Warm Her Up To See If She'll Liven Up A Lil? She Was Fine Earlier. I Haven't Had A Baby Die On Me In A While. Her Eyes Wont Open Her Poop Is Fine If I Move Her She Chirps. What Should I Do?

2. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    definately get her warmed up as soon as you can. Electrolites/vitamins in water, I am sure others will pop by with more advice.

3. ProudNewChickenMommy86

Nov 2, 2011
    Acworth, Ga
    Ok I Have Her Against My Skin Right Now Hoping She's Gonna Warm Up Quick Thank You!

4. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    bump! Hope she gets well soon!

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    How old is she? When you say baby, is she still in the brooder?

6. kari_dawn

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    skin warmth may not be enough...do you have a heating pad or a heat lamp you can use?

7. ProudNewChickenMommy86

Nov 2, 2011
    Acworth, Ga
    She Is Still In The Brooder Yes. I Have A Heating Pad. Which Setting Should I Put It On? Right Now I Have Her In The Sun On My Computer Desk Figuring It Would Be Better Than My Skin. She's Laying Propped Up On Her Side. She Has Drank Almost 1.5 Ml Of Water. I Drop A Drop At A Time On Her Beak And She Sucks It Up. That's A Good Thing Right?

8. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:Stick her in a sock and put her back under the heat lamp and keep an eye on her so she doesn't cook. Having her in the sun on the desk is not warm enough.
    She'll freeze in ambient temp if she's young enough.
    Watch putting the water on the beak as well, she could aspirate.
    Good luck!

9. kari_dawn

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    drinking is good. if you can get some electrolites into her, even better. You can set the heating pad on medium-high, and place a box over the top of it. Make sure it is on one end of the box so she can get away from the heat if she wants. Put a blanket in there for her.

10. ProudNewChickenMommy86

Nov 2, 2011
    Acworth, Ga
    I Would Say She's 7-8 Weeks Old Now. She Opened Her Eyes Twice Now. I Put The Water On The Tip Of Her Beak And She Sucked It Up On Her Own. I'm Waiting Fer The Heat Pad To Warm Up But She Wouldn't Be Able To Get Off Of It Cause She Can't Walk. She's Gonna Be Under My Wing Until She Gets Better. Which I'm Hoping Is Fast. I Don't Like My Babies Sick! I'm Wondering If The Other Babies Bullied Her Out From Under The Lamp? They Were All Under It And She Was On The Other Side Alone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by