1. smokeyodie97

smokeyodie97 Songster

Jun 22, 2010
    MISSISSIPPI
    i think she has a fracser she was laying on her side not moving took her inside gave her water we are wasing her not pooh on her one leg moven one not might be broken

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    How is she today?

3. smokeyodie97

smokeyodie97 Songster

Jun 22, 2010
    MISSISSIPPI
    she died on the second day

4. smokeyodie97

smokeyodie97 Songster

Jun 22, 2010
    MISSISSIPPI
    she died the second day

5. smokeyodie97

smokeyodie97 Songster

Jun 22, 2010
    MISSISSIPPI
    It was very strange, she was fine one day then she couldn't walk . She would only lie on her stomach with her neck stretched out and her head turned down. The only way
    i could tell if she was alive was to pick her up. She only got worse frrom then on. It seemed like her legs would kind of stretch out uncontrollably, but she never made a sound.
    I am worried that whatever was wrong with her might happen to my other girls. I only had her for about 2 weeks and she came from a very unsanitary place with way too many chickens in a small area. I also got a rooster and an older hen from ther, but they seem healthy.

6. NWChicks

NWChicks Songster

Mar 3, 2010
    Granite Falls, WA
    Did you put those new birds right in with your existing flock? If you did then definitely keep a close eye on them and watch for any signs of illness or distress. In the future, quarantine any new birds for at least 30 days before introducing them to your flock. This will give them time for any illness to present itself before you expose your other birds. Then, depending on what the issue is you can decide what to do. I learned this lesson the hard way. [​IMG] I hope all your others are just fine!

7. smokeyodie97

smokeyodie97 Songster

Jun 22, 2010
    MISSISSIPPI
    Thanks for the advice. We did add them right away. I never thought about seperating them first. All my birds are doing well now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by