Emotional after first slaughter

:hugs Must be tough. Sorry you're feeling bad. I don't think I could even be on the property when it happened.
I thought it would make m
:hugs Must be tough. Sorry you're feeling bad. I don't think I could even be on the property when it happened.
I thought I could be strong about it but I'm definitely grieving

:hugs

I don't know your background story but that does not matter. I raise chickens for meat and butcher them myself. I don't enjoy the taking of a life but for my goals and me to keep chickens it is necessary.

My chickens have a very good life until they have one really bad moment. I try to make that bad moment as quick as I can. I'm sure that duck had a good life.

I have not gone through this, but I imagine it is very hard with a small flock. You get to know them as individuals too well. Probably best not to be there, or maybe just keep all the rest. Maybe it gets easier with repetition?
They were originally to be used for laying but one had an issue with some metal ingestion so I was like "OK let's not waste her and" harvest" her because I plan to get more and I figured I'd have to have the males harvested eventually if I purchased a few non sexed hatchlings but I feel bad about it right now

I don't know your background story but that does not matter. I raise chickens for meat and butcher them myself. I don't enjoy the taking of a life but for my goals and me to keep chickens it is necessary.

My chickens have a very good life until they have one really bad moment. I try to make that bad moment as quick as I can. I'm sure that duck had a good life.
Thank you

The first time we culled a chicken I didn't eat meat for 3 months. It was so hard on me.

This bird stuff is so emotional!
I'm so blessed to have this forum with so many caring people to support me... Raising birds is a special thing that many who haven't done it could never quite understand completely so I can't really just walk down the street and talk to random people about it

Back
Top Bottom