Employee Health Insurance Costs?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by punk-a-doodle, Mar 26, 2012.

1. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Wondering if anyone here owns a small business where they pay for their employees' health insurance costs. Could you please tell me:
    -How many employees do you have?
    -How much does it cost (annually or monthly) per employee?
    -What insurance plan do you use/or alternatively, it you reimburse them, what plan do they use? Is it individual or family coverage.
    Thanks!

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    I used to offer employees health insurance, but had to discontinue the program when it went from 400 to $600 per person within 2 years.

3. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Maybe you can help get a low rate for your employees,but paying for it would be too costly.With the economy doing so poorly it would put such a strain on your business. It is good of you to consider it.

My dh pays about $400 a month for family medical/dental/eye coverage through work,but it is a joke since they stopped covering meds and our deductible is now 6k before they cover anything.We have to spend 6k a year just to get them to pay 80%

I do wish our country had universal coverage like so many other countries.Paying a company and then HOPING they cover your medical care is just unacceptable.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

8 employees, low of $519 a month and a high of $1350 per month. PPO plan. Employees pay about $16 a month of that cost. Yes, I am extremely lucky.

5. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    2 employees oxford health plan $20 copay $975 each a month

6. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Thanks guys, these are all extremely helpful for getting a general idea! It seems to have shot up per employee rapidly, especially in the small business sector.

Quote: Mutts, thanks for doing it while you were able to afford it! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by