Empty Nest Syndrome - 5 more days

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by QuiltinChick, Mar 12, 2012.

1. QuiltinChick

QuiltinChick Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2012
    Iowa
    I am going to go bonkers this week waiting for our chicks. We go and pick them up this coming Saturday, March 17th!!! We have our coop basically done, just need to wire up some lights and the brooder is also set up. The brooder is empty and I can't wait for it to get filled up!!!!! Its going to be a long week!!!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello!

Looks like you're all set for those baby chicks! I know the feeling....I just rec'd my delivery of Silver Penciled Rock chicks this weekend, and I had been waiting about three weeks.

Seems to take forever! Just remember, good things come to those who wait!

What kind of chicks are you getting?

3. QuiltinChick

Feb 26, 2012
    Iowa
    We are getting 50 Barred Rocks, 3 White Silkies, the "free rare" chick they throw in. Then someone on Craigslist was wanting to place an order with McMurray, where we are getting our chicks from and didn't want the 25 minimum so we contacted them and have added their order of 5 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. Those last five won't be staying here though. Turns out the people live like only 5 or 6 miles from us!!!

4. QuiltinChick

Feb 26, 2012
    Iowa
    [​IMG]Tomorrow morning we get to go and pick them up from the hatchery!!![​IMG]

I assume they will be all boxed up and ready to go. Is it rude to ask them to open the box so I can peek in and make sure everyone looks like they are thriving?

5. CraftyChicky

CraftyChicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2012
    Georgia
    I have also ordered chicks. On one of the sites they actually recommended taking your camera with you and opening the box at the post office. If there are any casualities, document with pictures. So, that would tell me it is perfectly fine to open at the post office. I can't wait!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by