Empty nest syndrome......

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by The Sheriff, Jan 15, 2010.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    I moved the two Light Sussex from my New Year's Eve hatch out to the grow-out brooder in the coop today. The brooder in my office is empty now and sooooo lonely. Every once in a while I turn in my chair to screech "hello beebees" in a high pitched voice to make them shake their heads and there's nobody there. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

These eggs in the bator better a move on. Mama's gettin' crazy. [​IMG]

2. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    LOL!! Oh, you poor thing. How long til hatch day?

3. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    All the way till Saturday. [​IMG]

4. australorp_breeder

australorp_breeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    California
    LOL! I sometimes talk to my animals in funny voices too xD

5. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

OMG ... I was just thinkin' the same thing! My Christmas hatch is still in the garage, but they are going out this weekend. The Halloween hatch, when I put them out ... I sooooo missed them! I got into a habit of, "playing with them," each night after work (at midnight). I really enjoyed that time together! [​IMG]

I dunno, maybe I will keep them in another week or so. Next hatch isn't due until Jan 28. [​IMG]

6. Ban seabhag

Ban seabhag Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Glenn HWY Alaska
    Are those the BLRWs? Yours are ahead of mine by a little over a week.

7. australorp_breeder

Sep 29, 2009
    California
    How did the chicks turn out? If people are still subscribed to this thread...

8. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    lol everytime I pass my chickens its HIYA BEBES!! In a odd voice. I do it so much my 2 year old now does it!! lol
    My neighbors probly think Im nuts [​IMG]

9. australorp_breeder

Sep 29, 2009
    California
    Aww, that's cute! It just goes to show that children do watch their parents. lol, I almost typed 'it just goes to show that chickens watch their parents' well, that too, but you know what I mean.

10. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    lol I talk to my chicks too. I also talk to the koi, rabbits, other pets and sometimes to my plants LOL! I also talk to the cute little green tree frogs, lizards etc. when I find them curled up in a flower or banana leaf..they are sooo cute! My nieghbors all def think I'm nuts.

Here's a little green tree frog in a moonflower that was just starting to close up in the morning. Isn't he a sweetie?
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by