Empty nest syndrome

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CHKNFMR, May 19, 2008.

1. CHKNFMR

CHKNFMR Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    GA
    We hatched out our first babies April 21. Kept them in a large plastic tote/brooder in the den. Because they learned how to get over the top and all over the house, we had to move them to the larger brooder oustside. I am so lonely now, can't walk by and check on them every 5 min., and miss their little cheeping at night. [​IMG] I have 23 more eggs in the incubator, and they should be hatching in 2 weeks. I can hardly wait to watch the little fuzzy miracles hatch out. But, I miss my first borns so much. [​IMG] If this is any hint at what to expect when my now 13 year old son leaves home sometime in the next 10 years...then he just won't be leaving!!!!!

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] You'll be fine!! Just keep hatching babies out.... [​IMG]

3. CHKNFMR

CHKNFMR Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    GA
    Funny you should say that Wildsky.....my two red hens that have been sittin on about 10 eggs apiece showed me yesterday that they have been busy hatching out some new babies... [​IMG] I've counted about 10 so far....the mommies let me touch and play with the chicks without acting stressed. I've got more babies now.....much happier [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by