emu chicks for sale on eggbid

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by polish15, Apr 26, 2008.

1. polish15

polish15 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2008
    MD
    I just happened to notice them if anyon was intrested. I bit $.

2. gobbles!

gobbles! Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2007
    Oohh! I'm looking right now, that's so interesting! I've wondered, and maybe one of you can help me, what do emus need in the way of care/shelter?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  3. GaHermit

GaHermit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Hoboken Ga
    I tried to register on eggbid and failed. said Blocked

4. swiftfoot

swiftfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2007
    Blountville , TN
    what email are you using
    i tried yahoo will not work
    they said a free service would not be fit for eggbid
    so i had to use my hughesnet acct.

5. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    For Emus you need a pretty good size fenced in area for them. It doesn't have to be real wide, because they run the fence line, but the longer the better. I had 2 and mine actually wore a deep groove along the fenceline. But the rarely ever went into the center of it unless they were cutting across it to get to the outside fence line.
    They were interesting animals to have, but they are large and can be just about impossible to catch if they get out of the fence. So a good, well maintained fence is a must.
    We had a 15' x 15' pen for them inside of the barn. The pen fencing was wood rails on post about 5' tall. Their pasture was connected to the pen so they could come and go as they pleased. Pasture fence was 5' woven wire 4" squares with top and bottom rails.
    They loved to be hosed down and when they saw me with the hose they would come over and squat down and wait for me to turn the hose on them.
    The humane society has been chasing 2 of them a few miles from here for months. And my friend just leased a horse farm that has 2 running wild there. They got away from the owner and he never could catch them.
    So, a well maintained fence is a must. Mine never damaged my fence...just ran along it a lot.
    They reduced me to tears from laughing so hard at some of their dances and antics. When they see something they have never seen before, like a pony, they go into this weird dance and it's the funniest thing I had ever seen. I had calves and a pony in the pasture with mine and never had a problem with them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by