Emu Egg Hatching Q's

Discussion in 'Ostriches, Emu, Rheas' started by Sumatra503, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    I searched Emu egg incubation on Google and then on BYC and there seems to be some debate over the correct temp and humidity.

The Most common temp I found was 97 degrees F and a humidity of 35. Do these sound like good numbers to you?

Also, How do I get the lower humidity in the bator since the average humity here is 72% sometimes more. I didn't find much info on lowering the humity in a bator to that low.

2. Dingo

Dingo Chillin' With My Peeps

The Most common temp I found was 97 degrees F and a humidity of 35. Do these sound like good numbers to you?

I had mine in a cooler bator, my digital themometers fluxuated between 99 and 93 degrees F. The two liquid filled thermometers read a fairly steady 96-97 degrees F.

Also, How do I get the lower humidity in the bator since the average humity here is 72% sometimes more. I didn't find much info on lowering the humity in a bator to that low.

It's pretty humid here as well, however the light bulb in the incubator created a dry heat, and with no source of humidity in the 'bator the humidity stayed around 50%. It would spike when we opened the incubator to roll the eggs but it didn't seem to matter.

3. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    thanks. My bator uses a heating element, so i'm not sure how it would effect the humity.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by