Emu home made incubator help. Please.

hussain7addad

Hatching
5 Years
Jan 23, 2015
Hi guys, i have just joined this forum although i used this before for so much information i required and have found out that people here are polite and keen to help. I had an old mini incubator which i attached to a polystyrene box to maintain temperature inside. At the moment everything seems well, i have placed 2 emu eggs and the temperature is currently on 36 celsius and the humidity is 47%. Am i doing it right, as for temperature and humidity? What about egg turning, how many times a day is enough,? im usually out of home working, although i have workers at home which can help with turning them. Any of your replies will be appreciated.

I am also in the process of hatching 48 chicken and duck eggs in my JN8-48.
Thank you very much, Bless! =)

Last edited:
I'm not much help, as this is my first year incubating too but temp seems right and humidity would have to be determined based on weight loss of eggs. 47% might be too high or if weigh loss is on track perfectly fine. Mine are automatically turned but I think if turning by hand 3x per day minimum, 5 is better. Good luck.

I'm not much help, as this is my first year incubating too but temp seems right and humidity would have to be determined based on weight loss of eggs. 47% might be too high or if weigh loss is on track perfectly fine. Mine are automatically turned but I think if turning by hand 3x per day minimum, 5 is better. Good luck.

Helow farmchick897,
Thank you for your reply, ill try to figure out the calculation kf the weight loss. Would be helpful if u can tell me. And i did a schedule for the workers to turn the eggs 5 times daily at 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm and 10pm. Thanks again pal.

To calculate weight loss you would take starting weight in grams X .15 (which is a 15% expected weight loss for entire hatch) then Divide by 50 (which is expected number of days in hatch). This will give you an estimate daily weight loss so depending on how many days your eggs have been in hatcher you use this number to figure out what your weight loss should be.
If your weight loss is more than expected number than increase humidity if it is less than decrease humidity.
I hope I said that all right. Someone can correct me if not.
1f603.png

Back
Top Bottom