Emu incubator Questions

Discussion in 'Ostriches, Emu, Rheas' started by Jason Y, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Jason Y

Jason Y Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2010
    Poulsbo
    Evening, I recently purchased a couple of incubators that had previously been used for Emu eggs,

Biggest question I have is, how different from Turkey eggs, will the settings be assuming that its set up correctly for Emu eggs right now.

I believe Emu eggs require very high humidity,
    What sort of temperature do the require?

I will try and post some pictures of the turner set up tomorrow, it pretty interesting.

2. mitch324

mitch324 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2009
    Macedon, NY

Emu need a lower humidity than most other birds. they Incubator at 97.5 degrees.

3. Jason Y

Nov 2, 2010
    Poulsbo
    Thank You
    Here are some pictures of the incubator in question.
    It is designed for emu eggs, should be interesting to see if I can make it work for Turkey eggs.
    If there is anyone that has one of this manufacture please let me know, I am looking for information. Perhaps a manual, this is kind of a cross post. Not really what I had intended when I started this thread.[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Jason Y

Nov 2, 2010
    Poulsbo
    Unable so far to locate a manual or how to, So I took the back panel off, You can see the heating elements and dual fans. From what I gather the humidity is passive, there is a small 3/4 PVC on the side of the cabinet. There was a tube hooked up to the side of the cabinet when I picked it up.

I still have not plugged it in, or even unloaded it. However it appears that the fans are independent. [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by