Emus have arrived!

Discussion in 'Ostriches, Emu, Rheas' started by RomeoKat, Mar 5, 2016.

1. RomeoKat

RomeoKat Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2014
    South-central Virginia
    [​IMG]

Thanks to ES Emus, the WiltonHilton now has a trio of adorable emus! They handled the 5 hour drive home very well, and are currently enslaving our daughter. She is completely smitten, and I suspect I might get a *little* tired of "OMG, they're so CUUUUUUTE!" squeals of infatuation.

I assured ES Emus that these young 'uns would be loved and spoiled, but I will have to remember that they can't live *only* on kale and grapes, LOLOLOLOL Soon they will be running around their paddock after they've grown a bit and the weather warms up. In the meantime, we're making arrangements so they can have good exercise time outside while still being safe.

I suspect I'll be posting so many pics that y'all might get a bit tired of them... I just wish tax season was over so I could stay home with my new babies!

2. RomeoKat

Jun 24, 2014
    South-central Virginia
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We did stop briefly at our niece's house so her daughter could meet the babies. They'll be visiting in June for family reunion, and I know the chicks will be at least as tall as she is!

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I just wish I had some babies! Mine are still just eggs :hit

They're SOOOOO cute :love

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  4. RomeoKat

Jun 24, 2014
    South-central Virginia
    Thank you - they are! All three of us are completely besotted ;-)

And here's a bonus pic:
    [​IMG]

OK, two:
    [​IMG]

5. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I can understand why! They're not even mine and I love them :) I really hope my eggs hatch, I NEED some big chicks to cuddle :fl

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by