encouragement!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by poultrygeist, Sep 20, 2009.

1. poultrygeist

poultrygeist Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    Hunterdon Cty. NJ
    We purchased 6- day old chicks from My Pet Chicken. Took a month to get them. One Wednesday I rushed to the post office to get them. Once home, I tore the box open and 6 Little fuzz-balls were glad to meet me. Checked their buts for u know! One needed a check. From there they went into their preheated, watered and fed brooder box. Next, made my point that I'm your dad and the boss and dipped each beak into the water and crumbles. Then we watched them fall asleep on their feet. 5 weeks later and not the slightest problem. So you see how easy can this be!

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Thats great! Congratulations on your new babies. Sounds like you have it all under control. Keep up the good work. [​IMG]

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Congratulations... Looks like eveything is working out fine. I love chicks. They do grow so fast. Soon you may want more. I started out with 6 and now I have 40 and growing. Soon we will be building our 3rd coop. YEA more chicks.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  4. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    [​IMG] Knock on wood quick- I too have had the same good experience. Congrats.

5. Capone

Capone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Rhode Island
    great job, i have some on the way next week

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by